Attending AUA2020 with your child(ren)?
AUA2020 is family friendly! We are moms and dads too, and we know what it's like to need childcare and other parenting resources especially when you're away from home. Here's what AUA is offering in Washington, DC.
Meeting Access for Children under 18
Everyone who attends AUA2020 must be registered and have a badge. Badges for children are free and available onsite at the registration desk. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times and will have access to AUA 2020 sessions. Guardians are asked to help maintain a professional, disturbance-free session environment. In the interest of safety and injury prevention, children under 18 years of age (infants included) will not be permitted in the exhibit hall.
AUA2020 now offers CampAUA, a program exclusively designed for guests and family members of registered AUA2020 attendees by Accent on Arrangements. Hours of operation are Friday, May 15 through Sunday, May 17 from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., and 7:30 a.m. – Noon for children 6 months to 12 years old. If you have any questions please feel free to email email@example.com or call 504-524-0188.
Mamava Lactation Suites provide a convenient, clean and private environment for nursing mothers while attending AUA2020 at Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The Mamava Lactation Suites are located outside of meeting Room 103A and beside 140A (behind the colorful artwork at the North Lobby). AUA will also designate an additional private room for nursing mothers that is centrally located near our meeting rooms.
To access the Mamava pods:
- Download and launch the Mamava App from the App Store or Google Play.
- The app will identify the location of each pod, and will provide a PIN code to access each pod.
- The PIN code will be accessible and working only if another individual isn’t present in the pod you are trying to enter.
- Once inside, be sure to lock the pod, so that the room cannot be accessed by another individual.
- Please note mothers are fully responsible for the safety and security of breastmilk.